[Lxc-users] can't restart container without rebooting entire host, because can't delete cgroups files, tasks is 0

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Fri Nov 5 17:48:43 UTC 2010

On 11/5/2010 1:34 PM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> A few comments:
>
> 1. To remove the directories, rmdir all descendent directories.  I'd
>     think something like 'find . -type d -print0 | xargs rmdir' would
>     do.

I can't delete _anything_ in there. Not a file, let alone a directory
with or without files. Of course I tried that.

> 2. You can prevent this from happening by using a notify-on-release
>     handler.

How will it delete a file I can not? But I do remember the discussion
about that a while ago and I did forget to set that up on this new box
so I'll do that also, but I can't see how it will fix the root problem
of not being able to delete the files.

> 3. This should stop happening when lxc (soon) switches to using the
>     clone-child cgroup helper instead of the ns cgroup.

Here's hoping. Thanks.

--
bkw