[Lxc-users] Dreadful network performance, only to host from container

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Fri May 28 09:12:56 UTC 2010

On 05/28/2010 02:58 AM, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> On 28/05/10 05:55, Matt Bailey wrote:
>> /usr/sbin/ethtool -K br0 sg off
>> /usr/sbin/ethtool -K br0 tso off
>>
>> Might fix your problem, YMMV; this worked for me.
>
> Bam! Problem fixed.
> All I needed was the 'sg' option - tso wasn't enabled anyway.
>
> Now getting a healthy 15-16 mbyte/sec.

Great !

> Thanks for that..
>
> Is this a bug in a driver somewhere that I should, or just something one
> always needs to be aware of with LXC? (and thus should go in a FAQ)

The true is the first time I see this problem solved by this trick. I
suppose that has something related to the capabilities of your nic and
the bridge inherit them. Dunno ...

Matt,

how did you find that ? Is it a problem spotted with the other
virtualization solution (xen, vmware, qemu, openvz, ...) ? Do you have
some pointer describing the problem/solution ? So we can add a FAQ with
a good description / diagnostic of the problem.

Thanks
   -- Daniel