[Lxc-users] Resources sharing and limit

Yanick Emiliano lakcil at gmail.com
Wed May 5 13:57:38 UTC 2010

Hi everybody,
I have just started playing with lxc and having some difficulties to set cpu
and memory on my guests. After my searches, seems that resources controlling
is managing in cgroup files and I think that I missed something or I didn't
understand how deal with cgroup.

After reading cgroup documentation, I understand that:
- *cpuset.cpus* indicate to a container the number of cpu available
-*cpuset.cpu_exclusive* limit the number of cpu which the container can use.
Am I in good way?
For example , can I tell to my container that there are 2 cpu available (*
cpuset.cpus)*, but use one generally (*puset.cpu_exclusive)*, use the second
one only  when it's necessary (when there are a  lot of application to run)?
What I want is manage QoS with my containers.
And my last question is, Can I do the same thing with memory sharing?

Thanks for your answers
--
Yanick HOUNGBEJI
Engineering student in Telecom Lille 1