[Lxc-users] [lxc-users] - move ppp on container

Daniel Lezcano dlezcano at fr.ibm.com
Wed Mar 24 16:30:40 UTC 2010

n.hicher wrote:
> Yes, it's can work, but for that I need to restart the container, I'd
> like to know if it's possible to add an interface on a container already
> started ?

Oh, ok I misunderstood.

Yes, you can, with the installed 'ip-utils' tools (guessing you have a
recent version).

1 - find the pid of one of the process running in the container
    lxc-ps --lxc will help in this case

2 - assuming you have a pid 1234, use the following syntax.

    ip link set ppp0 netns 1234

At this point the 'ppp0' interface should be in the container, but you
won't be able to move it back to the host.

I noticed the kernel has flagged 'ppp_generic' with the
NETIF_F_NETNS_LOCAL, so it should not be movable across namespaces, but
let's see if that works for you ...

Thanks
   -- Daniel

Sauf indication contraire ci-dessus:
Compagnie IBM France
Siège Social : Tour Descartes, 2, avenue Gambetta, La Défense 5, 92400
Courbevoie
RCS Nanterre 552 118 465
Forme Sociale : S.A.S.
Capital Social : 542.737.118 ?