[Lxc-users] Benchmarking with LXC

Richard Thornton richie.thornton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 23:14:08 UTC 2010

>>Gordon wrote:

>>Are you sure it's wise to even consider LXC here?

>>And can one PC really keep up with 20Gb/sec of Ethernet traffic? i.e. How
>>do you know the bottleneck here won't be the PC rather than the firewall
>>appliance... I'd seriously consider using 2 PCs - firstly back to back,
>>then with the firewall in-between...

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the info.

Its a home project and I only have one 10G adapter and no 10G switch
(I got a SMC 10G adapter from ebay for $250).

The PC is an whitebox 6-core processor (AMD 1055T) with Ubuntu server
on there (I was considering using OpenSolaris Zones), 10G card is
detected.

The firewall I want to test only supports 10Gbps maximum.

I just want to figure out if it will work with LXC.

Kind Regards
Richard