[Lxc-users] Benchmarking with LXC

Richard Thornton richie.thornton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 13:10:56 UTC 2010

Hi,

I wish to use netperf to benchmark a firewall appliance but I only want to
use a single physical 10GbE adapter.

So I have my PC and the firewall.

I wasy thinking two LXC containers, netperf-client and netperf-server,
basically I want to force the traffic through the firewall.

The firewall will have two .1q VLANs configured, one for netperf-client the
other for netperf-server.  The firewall will route between them.

So netperf traffic should go: pc > firewall > pc (netperf-client > firewall
> netperf-server)

Because it is benchmarking I want to get it as close to 10Gbps through the
firewall as I can.

I was looking at macvlan but not sure if this is required if .1q is
possible?

Really not sure if this is feasible, so any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Kind Regards
Richard