[Lxc-users] Copy-on-write hard-link / hashify feature

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Wed Jun 9 18:45:40 UTC 2010

Is there a feature that allows unifying identical files between guests
via hard-links to save both space and memory (on shared libraries)?
VServers has a feature for this called hashify, but I haven't been able
to find such a thing in LXC documentation. Is there such a thing?

Obviously, I could manually do the searching and hard-linking, but this
is dangerous since without the copy-on-write feature for such
hard-linked files that VServers provides, it would be dangerous as any
guest could change a file on all guests.

Is there a way to do this safely with LXC?

TIA.

Gordan