[Lxc-users] File sharing between host and container during startup

Nirmal Guhan vavatutu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 19:57:34 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr>wrote:

> On 06/04/2010 05:44 PM, Nirmal Guhan wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I tried to extend the fstab as below:
>>
>> /etc/resolv.conf  /lxc/lenny/rootfs.lenny/etc/
>> resolv.conf none bind 0 0
>> /test          /testdir  none bind 0 0<--- I added this line
>>
>> > From the host :
>> # ls /testdir
>> a  b  c
>>
>> > From the container :
>> [root at test-fedora lenny]# chroot rootfs.lenny/
>> test-fedora:/# ls /test
>> test-fedora:/#
>>
>> But when I do lxc-start I get an error as :
>> #lxc-start -n lencon
>> lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to mount '/test' on
>> '/testdir'
>>
>> Basically what am trying to do is to share the host library files (/lib)
>> between the containers.
>>
>> Any clues on the error above? Please let me know. Also, any better way to
>> share the files between host and container will be helpful.
>>

> Hi Nimal,
>
> I am not sure to understand what you are trying to achieve. You created a
> system container, but you want to launch it as an application container. Can
> you give your use case if possible, so I may be able to give more clues on
> how to set ip up.
>
> Thanks
>  -- Daniel

Hi Daniel,

I want to run my application on fedora as a container and use the libraries
(/lib, /usr/lib) from the host (so my application container size is small).
I did lxc-create but lxc-execute failed (I had sent a mail earlier on this).
Suggestion was to use lxc-start itself and run as system container.

I changed the fstab file and could share the lib directory.

Please let me know if there are better solution for my use case. I would
like to try it too.

Thanks,

-Nirmal