[Lxc-users] File sharing between host and container during startup

Nirmal Guhan vavatutu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 15:44:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

I tried to extend the fstab as below:

/etc/resolv.conf  /lxc/lenny/rootfs.lenny/etc/
resolv.conf none bind 0 0
/test          /testdir  none bind 0 0  <--- I added this line

>From the host :
# ls /testdir
a  b  c

>From the container :
[root at test-fedora lenny]# chroot rootfs.lenny/
test-fedora:/# ls /test
test-fedora:/#

But when I do lxc-start I get an error as :
#lxc-start -n lencon
lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to mount '/test' on '/testdir'

Basically what am trying to do is to share the host library files (/lib)
between the containers.

Any clues on the error above? Please let me know. Also, any better way to
share the files between host and container will be helpful.

--Nirmal