[Lxc-users] Questions on lxc-execute

Nirmal Guhan vavatutu at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 07:51:07 UTC 2010

Have few questions on lxc-execute :

1) Getting an error as :
[root at guhan-fedora lxc]# lxc-execute --name=centos /bin/bash
lxc-execute: No such file or directory - failed to exec
/usr/libexec/lxc-init
[root at guhan-fedora lxc]# lxc-execute --name=centos -- /bin/bash
lxc-execute: No such file or directory - failed to exec
/usr/libexec/lxc-init

[root at guhan-fedora lxc]# ls -l /usr/libexec/lxc-init
-rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 8004 2010-02-17 21:38 /usr/libexec/lxc-init

2) Can the container run only one application at a time - such as one
instance of lxc-execute ? So do I have to create multiple containers if I
have to lxc-execute multiple applications or if I want to run lxc-start and
lxc-execute in parallel ? From the man pages, it looks like the case but
please clarify.

3) Related to #2 above. While I can understand multiple lxc-start does not
make sense, any reason for preventing two lxc-execute?

Thanks,

Nirmal