[Lxc-users] udev

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Sat Jul 31 13:02:36 UTC 2010

Quoting Guillaume ZITTA (lxc at zitta.fr):
>  Hi,
>
> You could use dpkg-divert utility to rename files :
>     dpkg-divert --rename $f
>
> It will rename $f to $f.distrib and store this fact to the dpkg database.
> After, any update from dpkg will go to the renamed file.

I assume you mean for diverting the ppp device to another file?
I think holding the package is much better in this case.  Bypassing
the permission problem to let the upgrade succeed caused /etc/init/udev.conf
to get reinstalled, which stopped him from booting.

But d pkg-divert is another trick (new to me) that sounds like
it'll come in useful.  I'm getting the feeling that container
administration (in debian/ubuntu) is going to require a bit of
a new art :)

Thanks!

-serge