[Lxc-users] lxc-attach & setns patch for kernel 2.6.34

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Wed Jul 28 09:29:30 UTC 2010

On 07/28/2010 11:15 AM, Sebastien Pahl wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 02:14, Daniel Lezcano<daniel.lezcano at free.fr>  wrote:
>>
>> No, except more network namespace support (I don't remember what are the
>> subsystems), and more robustness. There is also the slow unmount regression
>> spotted on the 2.6.32 kernel which is fixed for 2.6.34, so the system
>> container starts in 100ms instead of 10 seconds :)
>>
>> You can use a lxc-0.7.2 with a 2.6.32 or 2.6.34.
>>

> Very cool!
>
> Are there any other patchsets for lxc that I can try?

Not for the moment. But definitively there is a couple of features to be
implemented in the kernel:

  * virtualize /proc with cgroup memory and cpuset
  * printk / syslog / klog per container

There are not obvious to implement in a 'acceptable' way. As I have some
free time for the next weeks, I will probably try to implement one.