[Lxc-users] LXC container SSH X forwarding kernel crash

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Sun Jul 25 21:27:04 UTC 2010

On 07/24/2010 07:48 PM, Arie Skliarouk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 00:14, Daniel Lezcano<daniel.lezcano at free.fr>wrote:
>

>> I am trying to reproduce the problem on my system with the same kernel but
>> it does not occur.
>> What network configuration are you using ?
>>

> I use following shell script for configuring the network:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> brctl addbr br0
> brctl setfd br0 0
> ifconfig br0 192.168.11.32 promisc up
> brctl addif br0 eth0
> ifconfig eth0 0.0.0.0 up
> route add default gw 192.168.11.1

Thanks.

I tried several network configuration (macvlan, veth + bridge + ip
forwarding, veth+bridge+eth0) but none raised the kernel bug. I
downloaded a 4GB iso image from internet within the container and in
parallel the same iso on the host, while running a X application with
ssh X11 forwarding  in the container (gkrellm).

That was done on a 2.6.32-23-server kernel from ubuntu and lxc-0.7.1.
The hardware was a Bi-Xeon Quad core, 7GB of RAM with an ethernet NIC
Intel Corporation 80003ES2LAN Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

Do you have any suggestion on how to raise the bug ?

Thanks
   -- Daniel