[Lxc-users] Gathering information about containers - from inside and from outside

Clemens Perz cperz at gmx.net
Mon Jul 19 10:53:18 UTC 2010

On 07/18/2010 11:13 PM, Daniel Lezcano wrote:

>> Cool, found them in /proc/net/unix, thats good. Is there a way to read
>> this path - /var/lib/lxc - from somewhere? Just thinking if some distro
>> might want to change it at compiletime and then the script sucks :)
>>

> You can look at /usr/share/pkgconfig/lxc for the list of variables.

That is indeed a good start.

> You are right, the refcount is 0. Weird because the refcount prevents
> the unloading of the module.
> At the first glance that seems to not hurt the system to unload the
> macvlan module while it is in use,

Okay, I thought there was some real magic going on :)) I could not find
any information about the actually working containers macvlan interface
in the hosts proc. But I am sure there must be some bits telling the
world that eth0 has a macvlan or vlan assigned to it, that is has an id,
a mode and a mac. Do you know where to look for this?

Cheers,
Clemens