[Lxc-users] not separeted resources

atp Andrew.Phillips at lmax.com
Tue Jul 13 09:29:23 UTC 2010

Nirmal.

> I read this as the reporting is not virtualized for container but
> limits will still apply per container. For instance I can configure
> 256MB physical memory for container but  it won't show up in meminfo
> or free. The physical limit will still apply. Did I misread?

  No, your reading is entirely correct.

> Please clarify. Also let me know if all the cgroup subsystems
> (network, cpuset, memory etc.) work with lxc containers i.e I can set
> limits. This will help me make a conscious choice. Appreciate your
> help.

  Yes they do. Not sure about the freezer cgroup. Thats still being
worked on from observing lxc-devel. The ones you mention do work with
lxc.

   Andy

Andrew Phillips
Head of Systems

www.lmax.com

Office: +44 203 1922509
Mobile: +44 (0)7595 242 900

LMAX | Level 2, Yellow Building | 1 Nicholas Road | London | W11 4AN

The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way. If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender immediately and delete any copies of this message. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden. Any view or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.