[Lxc-users] not separeted resources

Papp Tamás tompos at martos.bme.hu
Mon Jul 12 11:14:31 UTC 2010

hi All,

I'm wondering on some problems, come up in the near past using LXC. All
of our systems are Ubuntu 10.04 (2.6.32-server) with lxc 0.7.1.

1. Why does the container see the host's dmesg? Why does it don't have
own one?

2. Why does the container see the host's /proc/partitions? Munin's
diskstats plugin show all the partitions of the host.

3. Why does host's apparmor (and probably selinux) have influence to the
containers process-es?

4. Why does container see the host's memory and swap usage? Is there any
tool to check only the container related informations? Is there any tool
like 'xm top' (top like tool to show VM's related statistics)?

Probably there will be more, right now this is in my mind:)

Thank you,

tamas