[Lxc-users] How to make a container init DIE after finishing runlevel 0

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Mon Jan 25 23:24:26 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 23:39 +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> Michael H. Warfield wrote:

> >> I was wondering if the kernel shouldn't send a signal to the init's
> >> parent when sys_reboot is called.
> >>

> > Which still leaves open the question of telling the difference between a
> > halt and a reboot.
> Well, with the correct information in siginfo, that should do the trick:

> si_num = SIGINFO ? SIGHUP ?
> si_code = SI_KERNEL
> si_int = the "cmd" passed to the reboot (2) function.

I concur that sounds like a good option.  But that's a kernel mod and
will require a kernel patch and getting that through the process.  Once
that's agreed on that's the route to go, we've got to get the containers
guys involved and get that pushed through.  And is this going to work
without any modifications to init itself (per the discussion over on the
-devel list wrt modifications to init and the difficulty and pain of
pulling teeth).  What's the next step?

Mike