[Lxc-users] [lxc-devel] Request for inclusion into mainline LXC utils

Suno Ano suno.ano at sunoano.org
Sun Jan 24 22:27:42 UTC 2010

Combining forces would be great. I just took a glance at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/lxc-provider/ and the thing that sprung
my eyes are

 - it is a bit Ubuntu focused as it is coded right now
 - assumes using a bridge i.e. also lxc.network.type=veth

So, I am with Debian and in favor of macvlan, also totally annoyed by
using bridges; I would rather not have to use a bride at all.

IMHO first thing on the menu should really be about an API that allows
to keep things generic enough for all users of lxc.