[Lxc-users] Can't start a 2nd container with 0.6.5

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Fri Jan 22 20:39:41 UTC 2010

Hi,

I have openSUSE 11.2 x86_64 with self compiled lxc 0.6.5
No errors, I used rpmbuild and the opensuse build service, the .spec,
src.rpm, and buil log are here:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=lxc&project=home:aljex
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/aljex/openSUSE_11.2/src/lxc-0.6.5-3.1.src.rpm

Since no one else has done it, and I need it, I am trying to work out
the steps to use lxc on openSUSE.
I am in the process of writing this howto:
http://en.opensuse.org/LXC

Following that recipe, I get one container up & running without any
problem. I can start/console/shutdown/stop and start again without any
unexpected behavior. The container runs great. I have already loaded it
up with a copy of a production server and performed a large rsync job to
update it and run several tests to use the container as if it were a
hardware server. Everything worked!

However, now when I got to make a 2nd container, I can't start it.
I can create it, but not execute or start.
My currently working container is exactly like below, except that it's
named nj12 instead of nj13, and the ip & mac addresses are one digit
lower than here. It's the same in every other way.

Heres some output about the machine, the lxc config file, and a debug
log from a failed start attempt.

After this email I will try reverting my lxc installation to the 0.6.3
that comes stock in openSUSE 11.2
That version works just fine on the same box with the same initial
container, but I hadn't happened to try more than one concurrent
container by the time I upgraded to 0.6.5 so I'll try that now just for
completeness.

---start---
nj10:~ # uname -a
Linux nj10 2.6.31.8-0.1-default #1 SMP 2009-12-15 23:55:40 +0100 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
nj10:~ # lxc-check
lxc-checkconfig  lxc-checkpoint
nj10:~ # lxc-checkconfig