[Lxc-users] Can not start containers using latest tools from the git

Michael H. Warfield mhw at WittsEnd.com
Thu Jan 21 04:51:33 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 23:29 -0500, John Drescher wrote:
> localhost ~ # lxc-create -n guest_1 -f /etc/lxc/guest_1.conf
> 'guest_1' created
> localhost ~ # lxc-start -n guest_1
> lxc-start: Invalid argument - failed to umount '/lxc-oldrootfs-wXIi91/dev/shm'
> lxc-start: failed to pivot_root to '/lxc/guest_1'
> lxc-start: failed to set rootfs for 'guest_1'
> lxc-start: failed to setup the container

When did you pull that git?  I had that problem a week or so ago and
reported it on lxc-devel.  Just yesterday, they checked in some stuff
that should fix it but I haven't had a chance to retest.  Do a "git
pull" to update and check to see if the latest patches fix that.

Just for something really REALLY off the wall, try unmounting /dev/shm
and then retry the start.  If it starts, that's exactly my problem that
I have not been able to reproduce.  I'm hoping the developers are now on
this list as well.

Regards,
Mike