[Lxc-users] Converting openvz guests to lxc

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 15:13:57 UTC 2010

> I think this is a network problem caused by creating a network bridge
> inside a virtualbox. When just testing now the network was going down
> on the vb guest as well so any lxc guests under that would experience
> the same network problem.

I fixed this and it seems to be working reliably now.

I did find a bug with gentoo's lxc-0.6.4-r2 package of the user space
tools. Specifically if you do not have a lxc.rootfs in your config
file the lxc-start tries to run the hosts init causing bad things to
happen.

I noticed this when /etc/lxc/guest_1/config was empty because I forgot
to add the -f parameter to lxc-create.

I will file a bug report at gentoo first on this.

John