[Lxc-users] mac addresses

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat Feb 13 01:33:17 UTC 2010

On 02/12/2010 02:18 PM, Brian K. White wrote:
> In the course of talking to Verizon I discovered the off the cuff
> shell/awk loop I used to re-write all my config files at once had a typo
> and created the same exact mac in all config files.
>
> stopped all containers, wrote the intended_non_duplicate_  macs in all
> files and restarted all containers and everything is fine.

Ahh, the joys of virtualization.

I didn't even know what sort of behavior a MAC address conflict resulted
in until the other day when I accidentally did it.  It's not like it is
a problem that you would encounter during the normal day-to-day
operation of a "normal", non-virtualized LAN.

	--- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch                    Blog: http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Tel: (404) 592-5746 x1                            Email: mike at trausch.us