[Lxc-users] Regarding lxc tools and libvirt (virsh).

Kumar L Srikanth-B22348 B22348 at freescale.com
Fri Feb 5 06:27:04 UTC 2010

Hi,
I am new to Linux Containers and Libvirt.
Recently, I installed Linux Container tools on my Fedora Core 12 (64
bit) machine and able to create/start/destroy my own containers using
the following commands:
lxc-create
lxc-sshd
lxc-start
lxc-destroy

And I also installed libvirtd on my machine, and able to
create/start/destroy my own domains using the following commands:
virsh -c lxc:/// define /path/to/domain/xml/configuration/file
virsh -c lxc:/// start [Domain Name]
virsh -c lxc:/// shutdown [Domain Name]
virsh -c lxc:/// undefine [Domain Name]

I just wonder is there any relation between the domains created with
'virsh' and containers created with 'lxc-tools' [like lxc-create,
lxc-start ..etc]?
Can I start a container created using 'lxc-create' command with virsh
[virsh -c lxc:/// start [Container Name] ...something like that]?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Srikanth.