[Lxc-users] Ubuntu (maverick) container won't start (hangs at init)

Thomas Schweikle tps at vr-web.de
Wed Dec 29 10:44:03 UTC 2010

Hi!

After setting up an ubuntu container (maverick, 10.10). I tried to
start it --- but: it just hangs at init after doing

lxc-start -n cnt

I followed the instructions given at:

http://lxc.teegra.net/
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LXC
http://blog.bodhizazen.net/linux/lxc-configure-ubuntu-lucid-containers/
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-lxc-containers/

but without any success. The container still hangs at init when started.

I've upgraded to lxc-tools 0.7.3: same problem. I've recreated the
container from scratch using

lxc-ubuntu -p /lxc
debootstrap --variant=minbase --arch x86_64 maverick rootfs.ubuntu

removed all scripts within /etc/init in the container, modified
rc.sysinit as given, removed all unnecessary devices, added all
necessary ones, created the config file, then created the container,
started it and --- frustratingly it hangs running init.

Any idea where to look next??

--
Thomas