[Lxc-users] multi-homed host

Brian K. White brian at aljex.com
Wed Dec 15 21:28:57 UTC 2010

After a long night I think I cleared up my problem and it looks like it
was all me.

A case of mental blinders where once you think you've done something,
you neglect to double check it later when things don't work, when really
you should be checking everything and making no assumptions.

I had to make a lot of changes all at the same time to a few boxes
overnight, and just as a natural consequence that caused me to go over
things I was ignoring before. Like, oh, just as a theoretical example
you know, say if there was a discrepancy between the ip's and other
network settings being used in the containers, and the bridge interface
they're being tied to, and which of the host's physical nics is in that
bridge, and the host-side ip settings for that bridge, and where the

I definitely have some containers working right now where the containers
internet access is via a bridge/veth interface on the host which is not
the hosts own default route.

Sorry for the noise.

--
bkw