[Lxc-users] staying with network-manager

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon Dec 13 14:20:11 UTC 2010

Quoting Sascha (sascha.djokic at arcor.de):
> Hello there,
>
> as far as i understand, there is no way to stay with network-manager and
> using lxc, with bridging interface as the only solution.
>
> Anyone got network-manager going with bridging? On a laptop its no fun
> going without networking-automation.

Not sure I'm understanding you right, but IIUC your real problem is that
you can't bridge a wireless device.  That's nothing to do with network
manager.  You get around that by using a separate bridge for your VMs,
and forwarding its traffic to your wireless NIC.  If you install
libvirt-bin, it'll create virbr0 by default which does the right thing,
and to which you can connect your lxc containers, whether you're using
network-manager or not.

(Or of course you can create your own bridge and forwarding rules
manually)

-serge