[Lxc-users] GUI container

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 10 16:26:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 22:21 -0800, Nirmal Guhan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone tried running a GUI app (firefox for instance) inside a
> container or as an application container? Just want to know if this
> requires any special steps before I tread that path. Am using Fedora
> 12 for both host and container.
>
> Please let me know.
>
> Thanx,
> Nirmal

Although not directly using the LXC tools, but the same backend
functions (kernel namespaces), you might be interested in the sandbox
tool I developed.

You can learn more on: http://www.stgraber.org/category/sandbox/
It's meant to be used with recent kernels, offers nautilus integration
and a GUI.

I've been running a few graphical application in there without any
issue.

Packages are available for Ubuntu natty (development release) and Ubuntu
maverick (stable release). The code automatically detects the kernel
version and lets you know what to do to get GUI application support.

Hope it helps!

--
Stéphane Graber
Ubuntu developer