[Lxc-users] On clean shutdown of Ubuntu 10.04 containers

atp Andrew.Phillips at lmax.com
Mon Dec 6 16:48:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

The way it works on 0.7 was always a stopgap - there does not seem to be
a clean way of doing it that bridges both sysv init and upstart. The
ideal thing would be to intercept the reboot() syscall. The clean way
would be in the kernel. The nasty way would be via LD_PRELOAD or other
tricks. The nasty way obviously gets mired in being compatible with
the container libraries.

Andy