[Lxc-users] unstoppable container

Ferenc Wagner wferi at niif.hu
Tue Aug 31 09:47:43 UTC 2010

"Serge E. Hallyn" <serge.hallyn at canonical.com> writes:

> Quoting Daniel Lezcano (daniel.lezcano at free.fr):
>
>> On 08/31/2010 12:23 AM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
>>
>>> Quoting Daniel Lezcano (daniel.lezcano at free.fr):

>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commit;h=614c517d7c00af1b26ded20646b329397d6f51a1

>>> The first one looks trivial enough.  I'd be afraid the second one would be
>>> considered to have deep and subtle regression potential.  But, we can
>>> always try.  I'm not on the kernel team so am not likely to have any say
>>> on it myself :)

>> have to do a SRU first ?
>
> Actually, first step would be for Papp to open a bug against both
> lxc and the kernel.  Papp, do you mind doing that?
>
> Without a bug, an SRU ain't gonna fly.

I'm not sure what an SRU is, is that something Ubuntu-specific?  I'd
appreciate instead going through stable at kernel.org, so that everybody
benefits from this backporting effort.  New 2.6.32.y stable releases are
automatically incorporated by most distros AFAIK.

(Btw. Papp is the surname of the reporter, so you may want to refer to
him as Mr. Papp or as László, which is his first name.)
--
Regards,
Feri.