[Lxc-users] Container swap usage question

Victor Leschuk vleschuk at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 07:30:39 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I have been playing with LXC for few days and I got a question.

I am using a simple container without OS and network just to launch
applications with certain resource limits using lxc-execute.

Here is a configuration:

$ cat lxc-test.conf
lxc.utsname = test
lxc.cgroup.memory.limit_in_bytes = 40M
lxc.cgroup.memory.swappiness = 0

The problem is that memory.swappiness cgroup parameter doesn't affect
container swap usage. As far as I understood, setting this parameter to 0
should prevent container from using swap at all, however when monitoring
memory usage via memory.stat file one can clearly see that container is
using swap.

I am able to disable swap for a container only by disabling swap on a host
system.

Does anyone know if there is a way to disable swap for a certain container
without affecting host system?

Thank you.

--
Victor