[Lxc-users] unstoppable container

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Mon Aug 30 09:26:35 UTC 2010

On 08/30/2010 11:13 AM, Papp Tamás wrote:
> Papp Tamás wrote, On 2010. 08. 30. 10:41:
>
>> hi!
>>
>> I cannot stop a container.
>>
>> I tried everything, as running lxc-stop many times, destroy&create&stop,
>> nothing helped.
>>
>> The directory /cgroup/<container>  is still exist.
>>
>> How can I destroy it? I need a way which doesn't affect the other
>> containers.
>>

> I killed the process lxc-start and it helped.

Hmm, too bad :) I was about to ask you some informations about the
processes of the containers.
If that happens again, can you check/report the following :

  * the content of the tasks file in the cgroup directory ?
  * the state of the processes of the containers (stopped or not)
  * and the state of the lxc-start process ( cat /proc/<pid>/stack )

Was the lxc-stop blocked ?

Thanks
   -- Daniel