[Lxc-users] Cannot start a container with a new MAC address

Sebastien Douche sdouche at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:11:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 14:25, Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano at free.fr> wrote:
> On 08/27/2010 11:27 AM, Sebastien Douche wrote:
>>
>> I created a container with an interface. I stop it, I change the MAC
>> address, restart it:
>>
>> lxc-start: ioctl failure : Cannot assign requested address
>> lxc-start: failed to setup hw address for 'eth0'
>> lxc-start: failed to setup netdev
>> lxc-start: failed to setup the network for 'vsonde43'
>> lxc-start: failed to setup the container
>> lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
>>

> What is the hardware address value you are trying to setup ?

ab:cd:48:00:xx:xx (ex: ab:cd:48:00:10:01). it works fine when I create
a container with the value, but not when I change the value after the
creation. If I switch to the initial value, it's works again.

--
Sebastien Douche <sdouche at gmail.com>
Twitter: http://bit.ly/afkrK (agile, lean, python, open source)