[Lxc-users] Running XOrg in a container

lxc at jelmail.com lxc at jelmail.com
Tue Aug 24 08:33:00 UTC 2010

>Ok, checked that your configuration lines have too many spaces in the
>fields and the kernel does not like this.
>I suppose, the kernel should trim the spaces but anyway, that can be
>fixed in userspace ...
>
>If you remove the extra spaces between dev minor:major and "rwm" that
>should work.
>
>lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 1:1 rwm # dev/mem
>lxc.cgroup.devices.allow = c 13:63 rwm # dev/input/mice

Good news to report: I have X running natively in a container using a vt on
the host's graphics adapter!!!

The extra spaces you pointed out was all that was in my way. I wonder if
getting the kernel to trim whitespace is a viable thing for the to-do list?
I am sure it will catch others out sooner or later.

I have a bit more evaluation to do but I plan to write it up on the Arch
Linux Wiki. I will let you know when it's done if you are interested.

Thank you for your help Daniel.

John.