[Lxc-users] Templates available (debian and ubuntu)

zitta.fr guillaume at zitta.fr
Wed Aug 18 14:19:31 UTC 2010

Le 18/08/2010 14:47, Sebastien Douche a écrit :
> On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 14:07, Guillaume <lxc at zitta.fr> wrote:
>>  Hello LXC people,
> Hi Guillaume

Hi Sebastien,
>> Some of you already know my project lxc-provider.
>> One of the project's goals is to generate lxc templates.
>>
>> I have published ready to use (even whitout lxc-provider) templates at
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxc-provider/files/
> Nice!
>
>> - debian.lenny 64bits
>> - debian.lenny 32bits
> What are the advantages of lxc-provider over the default template in
> Debian (Squeeze) ?

Templates in lxc are monolithics scripts. This is a quick solution to
have a running container as soon as you have installed lxc.

You could see lxc-provider as a framework for templating and provisioning.
This is a more industrial/configurable way to create containers.

Regards,

Guillaume ZITTA