[Lxc-users] Best way to shutdown a container

Clemens Perz cperz at gmx.net
Fri Aug 13 13:55:24 UTC 2010

Hi!

I used to run lxc-stop on my system containers when I actually want to
run a halt. Only today I noticed, that stop actually kills all
processes, not really doing a halt. I went through the lxc commands and
did not find something graceful to do this job from the host systems
shutdown scripts.

Did I miss it? Maybe lxc-halt is a missing piece ;-) Is there a simple
way to do it, preventing the need to login to the container and run halt?

Cheers,
Clemens