[Lxc-users] LTSp Server on LXC container.

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Aug 3 23:05:58 UTC 2010

On 08/04/2010 12:16 AM, Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> On 08/03/2010 03:10 AM, Osvaldo Filho wrote:
>
>> I want to jail users to a LTSP server.
>> I thought it would be easy to LXC. But I'm having problems.
>> - the ltsp-build-client - arch i386 does not end.
>>
>> root at localhost:/opt# ltsp-build-client --arch i386
>> I: Extracting upstart...
>> I: Extracting util-linux...
>> I: Extracting zlib1g...
>> error: LTSP client installation ended abnormally
>>

> On my host a quick look to /opt/ltsp/debootstrap/debootstrap.log shows
> devices can not be created.
>
> Before building the client again the command:
>
>        lxc-cgroup -n ubuntu devices.allow a
>
> makes the installation to go ahead (not yet finished on my host, still
> installing and downloading packages).

Gah ! I just got:

ERROR: Neither /var/log/messages nor /var/log/syslog exists.  Unable to log.
Updating /var/lib/tftpboot directories for chroot: /opt/ltsp/amd64
/usr/sbin/ltsp-update-kernels: 155: /sbin/restorecon: not found
error: LTSP client installation ended abnormally

I installed selinux and called:

ltsp-update-kernels again.

followed by:

ltsp-update-image

Seems to work I have a ltsp login splash screen now. Still have to log
into ...