[Lxc-users] Live Migration of LXC

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Fri Apr 30 16:57:13 UTC 2010

Ferenc Wagner wrote:
> Daniel Lezcano <daniel.lezcano-GANU6spQydw at public.gmane.org> writes:
>

>> There will be available a kernel patchset in a few weeks making possible
>> to do live migration with the lxc userspace tools (not libvirt), with
>> some restrictions.
>>
>> In the same time, there is another checkpoint / restart kernel patchset
>> on the way asking for mainstream inclusion and there are some patchset
>> for lxc to integrate this implementation.
>>
>> So within 2/3 months, we should have lxc with 2 checkpoint/restart
>> solutions embedded in it.
>>

> Hi,
>
> Could you please provide some keywords/references to the status of the
> checkpoint/restart implementations you mentioned?

Yes, there is some materials here:

https://ckpt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Main_Page

,There is a wiki describing the process to build/test LXC
with checkpoint/restart.

	https://ckpt.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Link-LXC-USERCR

The USERCR and LXC patches that are needed are in:

        http://lxc.sourceforge.net/patches/lxc+usercr/usercr-patches/
        http://lxc.sourceforge.net/patches/lxc+usercr/lxc-patches/

Experimental ...

> If those are still very inmature, does anybody have experience with
> using BLCR for checkpointing LXC containers?  Is this possible at all?

I don't know but that can be interesting to look if that is compatible.