[Lxc-users] Lucid host & container - ignored fstab?

Roman Yepishev roman.yepishev at yandex.ua
Sun Apr 11 09:07:36 UTC 2010

Hello, Daniel.
Thanks for your reply!

On Sun, 2010-04-11 at 09:41 +0200, Daniel Lezcano wrote:

> When the container starts, it setup the root filesystem. The rootfs is
> done with the pivot_root syscall, hence the old rootfs contains the
> mount points which are duplicates with the new rootfs. The code then
> umount these duplicates entry in the old rootfs without impacting the
> mount points of the new rootfs.
Ok, this makes sense.

> The mount point specified in the configuration file is setup by lxc
> without using the "mount" command, so the /etc/mtab is not updated
> (which is normal). If you want to check if the mount point is
> effectively setup, you should check against /proc/mounts.

Unfortunately it looks like /proc/mounts provides the same info as the
mount command for me -
/dev/mapper/fridge-srv / ext4 rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
none /dev/console\040(deleted) devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0
none /dev/tty1\040(deleted) devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0
none /proc proc rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
none /sys sysfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
none /sys/fs/fuse/connections fusectl rw,relatime 0 0
none /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /sys/kernel/security securityfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /dev/pts devpts rw,nosuid,noexec,relatime,gid=5,mode=620,ptmxmode=000 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime 0 0
none /var/run tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
none /var/lock tmpfs rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime 0 0
none /lib/init/rw tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0

So the entries from the lxc.mount fstab:

 /srv/vm/lxc/lemon/rootfs /srv/vm/lxc/rootfs none bind 0 0
 /var/cache/apt	   /srv/vm/lxc/lemon/rootfs/var/cache/apt none bind 0 0

do not appear to be effective.
I tried creating the file in /var/cache/apt of the container and it did
not appear in the host filesystem so it looks like they are really
separated.

Is there anything that can be done to debug this problem?
And even more interesting, is there anybody else experiencing such kind
of issue?