[Lxc-users] tun use from within lxc

Nigel Magnay nigel.magnay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 19:20:35 UTC 2010

Hi!

Having had my earlier problems magically disappear (I suspect user
error), I'm experimenting a bit further.

I'd like to connect an 'inner' lxc machine using openvpn to another
network. What I've done so far is

- make sure tun exists in the outer machine (in fact, verified the
whole openvpn config can operate in the outer machine)
- added lxc.cgroup.devices.allow to the relevant node
- created /dev/net/tun item in the lxc fs

When I start up openvpn however, I get a segmentation fault and
shortly afterwards the entire outer machine ceases to function. I
don't know if that's yet because I've missed something vital, or
there's a better way to expose the tun device to the 'inner' machine?

I'll keep experimenting, but was wondering if there was any obvious
problems with what I'm trying..