[lxc-devel] Gentoo-ebuild for LXC 3.0.0 (was: Gentoo-ebuild for LXC 3.0.0 ./. Python/LUA-bindings

Jäkel, Guido G.Jaekel at dnb.de
Fri Apr 6 06:50:07 UTC 2018

Dear Christian,

thank you for your hint, but this is LXD. I'm talking about plain LXC itself ...

A) To my reading (and knowledge) the current lxd ebuild uses

	EGO_PN_PARENT="github.com/lxc"
	EGO_PN="${EGO_PN_PARENT}/lxd"
	ARCHIVE_URI="https://${EGO_PN}/archive/${P}.tar.gz -> ${P}.tar.gz"

which resolves to

	https://github.com/lxc/lxd/archive/lxd-3.0.0.tar.gz

This should be the official location, right?

But it seems that there's unfortunately some voodoo needed for Go to use *exactly* the same libs and versions as "Upstream / Canonnical" for local compiling.

B) It depends on the LXC build, if USE-Flag 'daemon' is enabled. Without this, LXD is installed without LXC (and probably might be used as a farm controller? I don't use LXD yet ...)

	RDEPEND="
		daemon? (
		[...]
			>=app-emulation/lxc-2.0.7[seccomp]