[lxc-devel] Suggestions regarding (ultimately) LXC 2.1.0 lxc-update-config

Christian Brauner christian.brauner at mailbox.org
Mon Oct 9 08:16:34 UTC 2017

On Wed, Oct 04, 2017 at 03:35:08PM -0400, Adrian Pepper wrote:
> Does mentioning lxc.pivotdir really need to be a fatal error?  Currently
> it seems fatal to the degree that "lxc-ls -f" does not show the
> container at all, not RUNNING and not STOPPED.

As I said in my previous mail, we've merged a branch of mine that makes this
non-fatal and ignores and lxc.pivotdir entries.
https://github.com/lxc/lxc/commit/63bab717a81bcd5280442c902df8ac664de71244

> Or, at least, could the lxc-update-config command be modified to
> effectively delete mentions of lxc.pivotdir?

That's also part of said branch.
https://github.com/lxc/lxc/commit/727fd34960b2635015e5e9b5780e0d67cbb08992

So you should be fine with the next point release. :)

Christian