[lxc-devel] lxc_copy arguments left out in stable tags from master

Lars Fronius lars.fronius at codeship.com
Mon May 29 10:56:58 UTC 2017

Hey everyone,

Not entirely sure if this is the right repo or place to ask. We are using `lxc - 2.0.8-0ubuntu2~ubuntu14.04.1~ppa1`
from https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-lxc/+archive/ubuntu/lxc-stable/+packages.

I noticed that https://github.com/lxc/lxc-pkg-ubuntu/blob/dpm-xenial/src/lxc/tools/lxc_copy.c is not the same as e.g. https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/master/src/lxc/tools/lxc_copy.c , but very similar to an old version of lxc_copy, like https://github.com/lxc/lxc/blob/lxc-2.0.0/src/lxc/lxc_copy.c.

More specifically it seems like every never stable-<version-number> tag on the https://github.com/lxc/lxc seems to intentionally leave out a good bit of code that had been introduced from end of last year on.

Personally, I am mainly concerned about tmpfs option in lxc_copy and am now wondering what a good path forward is to introducing it. Also generally am curious about the tagging of releases and why certain bits of code don't make it in.

Best, Lars