[lxc-devel] Patch for cgroups-lite

Serge E. Hallyn serge at hallyn.com
Tue Feb 28 15:14:33 UTC 2017

On Mon, Feb 27, 2017 at 11:42:49PM -0800, Cam Cope wrote:
> I need to run nested Ubuntu 12.04 and 14.04 containers on 16.04 hosts, and
> have noticed that the cgroups-lite script for mounting the cgroups inside
> the containers has stopped working. This is because systemd now comounts
> multiple controllers on a single hierarchy, which prevents mounting them
> individually inside the container. I haven't been able to find a source
> code repository or issue tracker that looks active for this package, so
> here's a poor-man's patch:
>
> Change the for-loop under "# get list of cgroup controllers" to:
>
> for c in `tail -n +2 /proc/cgroups | awk '{if(a[$2])a[$2]=a[$2]","$1; else
> a[$2]=$1;};END{for(i in a){print a[i]}}'`; do
>
> This groups the controllers by hierarchy and joins them correctly. I would
> appreciate it if you could backport this patch to the cgroup-lite packages
> on the LTS releases. Thanks!
>
> -Cam

Hi Cam,

indeed there's no upstream project for cgroup-lite, there is only the
package source in the archive.  Do you mind opening a bug at
pad.lv/u/cgroup-lite)?  If you're interested you could grab those
(pull-lp-source cgroup-lite precise-updates (etc)), apply your patch,
and and post the debdiff to the bug as well.  If you're not, we'll do
that.