[lxc-devel] Implement Checkpointing and recovery of process with LXC

vivek pandya vivekvpandya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 17:49:45 UTC 2016

Hello LXC Developers,

I am Vivek Pandya. I want to implement a checkpointing and recovery feature
with help of LXC library for linux containers.
Here are features I want to implement:

To checkpoint a process running in a container and restore it on a
different system. Checkpointing should include process address space,
signal mask , file descriptors (only regular files) and CPU state. Recovery
command should restore entire process.

I am new to containers so where can I start? Which part of LXC code should
I start with?

Please provide some guidance.

Sincerely,
Vivek