[lxc-devel] lxd/lxc publish command

brian mullan bmullan.mail at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:00:48 UTC 2016

I've been curious about this for some time now but in one of serge hallyn's
past posts
(https://insights.ubuntu.com/2015/06/30/publishing-lxd-images/) he'd
mentioned:

*> Importantly, because “–public” was passed to the lxc publish command, >
anyone who can reach your lxd server or the image server at “remote:” >
will also be able to use the image.*
Is there already or will there exist a general Public repository for
lxd/lxc images somewhat analogous in function to what the docker hub
concept does for docker users... but for lxd/lxc ?

The reason I ask is that I think this would be an awesome idea for people
to be able to build/test and then publish/contribute lxd/lxc containers to
it.

Then others could "lxc launch" them on their own systems.   It would be a
big adopter booster for lxd/lxc.

thanks for any insights...

Brian