[lxc-devel] lxc-create: file-based capabilities are lost

Harald Dunkel harald.dunkel at aixigo.de
Tue Jun 14 08:59:51 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

Problem: A container setup with "lxc-create -t debian" has
lost its file-based capabilities (used by systemd, ping,
iputils, ...). I didn't check other template scripts, but
since the major suspect is tar (used for creating a cache)
I would assume that this problem is not restricted to Debian.

The workaround on Debian is obvious but painful: Rerun the
postinst scripts of the affected packages.

It would be very nice to get a real (platform independent)
solution for this problem, though. An option to avoid the
cache, for example.

Every helpful comment is highly appreciated.

Regards
Harri