[lxc-devel] Android LXC builds not compatible for android version >= 5.x due to PIE flag not set

Mathieu Tournier mathieutournier at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 09:10:21 UTC 2016

Hi guys,

I'm a developer, and i wanted to use lxc on android 6.0 (there is a
binaries for android from CI).
The problem was that one : android can't execute non PIE executable anymore
since 5.0.

I could build my own bionic patched version in order to ignore the PIE
flag, but that was a pain.
I'm not the only user impacted by this, se here :

http://www.enten.fr/steven/2014/12/30/lxc-et-android-5-arm64/ (they had to
recompile bionic too)

I just wanted to know if that was possible to create a build for android
with PIE flag set. That way, it would make life easier for people that want
to use lxc on recent android systems.

What do you think about this ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mathieu Tournier