[lxc-devel] New development IRC channel for LXC, LXD and LXCFS

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 21 20:36:39 UTC 2016

Hello,

As you may know, we've been using the #lxcontainers channel on
irc.freenode.net as our IRC channel for quite a while.

However, it's usually too high traffic for us to have proper development
discussions on there and some non-developers have been complaining about
the noise from the development IRC bot.

So it seemed like a good opportunity to properly split support and
development channels.

So:
 - #lxcontainers will remain the go to channel for support
 - #lxc-dev is now open to discuss LXC, LXD and LXCFS development

The IRC bot (lxcbot) has also been re-located to #lxc-dev.

Note that this channel is STRICTLY for development discussions.
If you're working on a branch for one of the projects, need assistance
getting your development environment working or want to discuss the
details of a potential new feature, #lxc-dev is the place to go.

We want this channel to be a good environment for developers to chat.
#lxcontainers wasn't suitable for that as it was difficult to have a
discussion in there without being constantly interrupted by support
questions and so feeling pressured to answer those too.

I expect most of us to still be in both channels but pay much closer
attention to #lxc-dev than to #lxcontainers.

Note that asking support questions in #lxc-dev WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.
The topic makes it clear that this is not the place. Insisting on asking
support questions in there will very likely get you banned.

See you in #lxc-dev.