[lxc-devel] PID of a process inside an lxc container

Kevin Wilson wkevils at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 14:49:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

When I create an lxc container and run a simple process (which all it
does is call pause()),
I see the pid of this process also in the host (Simply by running ps
aux | grep pause).
And of course I see it also inside the container again with ps aux | grep pause.
The pids are of course different.

What is the reason for this ? I would expect that
since the conatiner has a different PID namespace, the PID whic is
created for the child
will no be seen on the host, which acts in a different namespace (the
initial PID namespace)

Regards,
Kevin