[lxc-devel] Contributions to LXC now prefered as Github pull-requests

Stéphane Graber stgraber at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 1 11:43:21 UTC 2016

Hello,

For a long time, Serge and I have been preferring LXC contributions to
be sent through the mailing-list kernel-style.

This has been working reasonably well for us though lately I've been
lagging behind a bit in mailing-list reviews, leading to occasional
conflicts and regressions.

For LXD and LXCFS we've been preferring contributions be sent through
pull requests on Github where we have integration with our Jenkins
testsuite. After some discussion with Serge a couple of days ago at
FOSDEM, we've decided that we should apply the same policy for LXC going
forward.

That means that from now on, the preferred way of contributing to LXC is
through Github pull requests again the master branch. We will still
accept patches sent to the list for those of you who don't wish to
register on Github, but those will typically be lower priority for us
than those sent through Github.

I'm adding a couple more sanity checks to Jenkins today and also adding
e-mail notifications of new pull requests so that pull requests sent
through Github result in an e-mall on the list with the appropriate
subject line and description as well as an attached patch of the change.